• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

How Old?

Only start new topics in this area IF you are applying for PCSO, not PC not Special JUST applying for PCSO!!
User avatar
Number8
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Cornwall

How Old?

Post by Number8 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Dont take this the wrong way but when I showed this picture to my colleagues they all said "is that someone dressing up in police uniform at school!"

Probably a compliment in someway but members of the public show us some lack of respect anyway and for someone who looks this young it must be a real struggle sometimes!

[ external image ]

User avatar
Andrew B
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Inside the heart of a new pointless operation
Contact:

Post by Andrew B » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Christ! I wouldn't say shes past 14 there...
Ex Met PCSO
PC Day 1 Passed 06Sep
PC Day 2 24th February

Current Met PC

EFCCHRIS
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 am

Post by EFCCHRIS » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Yeah she looks very young maybe 15?

User avatar
plum
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:59 pm
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Location: North Of England

Post by plum » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:29 pm

does this officer know her picture is on display on this site and her age being
called into question

Manners would be to ask her first
If you choose to swim in the swamp with the crocodiles
You only have yourself to blame if you get bittern

User avatar
aws
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: Lancs

Post by aws » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I agree she does look young ,but she must have ticked all the right boxes during application stage?

Either that or she knows the recipe for eternal youth :shock: in which case i need to contact her ASAP :D

Andy
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL - IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL GET

User avatar
joeyspoons
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:34 pm
Class: 'Night Summoner'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: Right here with her
Contact:

Post by joeyspoons » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:25 pm

aws wrote:I agree she does look young ,but she must have ticked all the right boxes during application stage?

Either that or she knows the recipe for eternal youth :shock: in which case i need to contact her ASAP :D

Andy
Sorry Andy, Im first
NORTHERN SOUL Its a way of Life

Winston Churchill. (Quote)
"Sir you are Drunk"
"Yes Madam and you are UGLY"
"But in the morning i will be SOBER"

Carpe Diem

User avatar
ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: LONDON

Post by ANTHONY C » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:49 pm

joeyspoons wrote:
aws wrote:I agree she does look young ,but she must have ticked all the right boxes during application stage?

Either that or she knows the recipe for eternal youth :shock: in which case i need to contact her ASAP :D

Andy
Sorry Andy, Im first
I have it on good authority that she is 46 years old, its the freash air you know :wink:
Regards
Anthony

User avatar
aws
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: Lancs

Post by aws » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Joey spoons,

not a problem i can wait a while as it will probably take a few goes to reverse my looks :shock:

Andy
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL - IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL GET

User avatar
ruben
Navigator
Navigator
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by ruben » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:38 pm

to me, age is not a problem as a PCSO. im only 21 and im always told i look young, but i get a lot more respect than some CSO's at my station because i know how to speak to people.

i cant be going to wrong as i am about to start as a PC. i get no grief because of my age off the public.
Constable of 6 years, previously PCSO 18 months

User avatar
ANTHONY C
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: LONDON

Post by ANTHONY C » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 am

m_clements207 wrote:to me, age is not a problem as a PCSO. im only 21 and im always told i look young, but i get a lot more respect than some CSO's at my station because i know how to speak to people.

i cant be going to wrong as i am about to start as a PC. i get no grief because of my age off the public.
Your right age is irrelevent its the person not the age of a person i have met 21 year olds who have been more mature than 40 year olds. :)
Regards
Anthony

User avatar
Andrew B
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: Inside the heart of a new pointless operation
Contact:

Post by Andrew B » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:18 am

Thats very true, just depends how well you connect with whoever you are talking to.

I was the youngest person at my AC (18 ) and have my day 2 in a few weeks time. Touch wood if i do get through it all ie vetting i will be most likely 19 when i start, which is still young.
Ex Met PCSO
PC Day 1 Passed 06Sep
PC Day 2 24th February

Current Met PC

User avatar
ASBOMAN
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Penzance, Cornwall

Post by ASBOMAN » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:38 am

ANTHONY C wrote:
joeyspoons wrote:
aws wrote:I agree she does look young ,but she must have ticked all the right boxes during application stage?

Either that or she knows the recipe for eternal youth :shock: in which case i need to contact her ASAP :D

Andy
Sorry Andy, Im first
I have it on good authority that she is 46 years old, its the freash air you know :wink:
I am 46, she must have had an easier paper round than me thats for sure, or maybe the fountain of youth is on her patch :lol:
CHAIOS, PANICK, AND DISORDER

User avatar
Radman
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:45 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Post by Radman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm

You should see a picture of me in uniform... I turned 19 in November last year and im forever being asked by MoP's:

"Your a little young for the job eh?"

I see it as a bit of banter, quite enjoy it really...
[ external image ]> Sept 07 - Present
[ external image ]> Jan 05 to July 07
"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown..."

User avatar
PCSO Mickyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 916
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Cambs

Post by PCSO Mickyboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:59 pm

age is not problem for me as a PCSO because i am only 12 and brought my uniform from a shop but the public look at me and laugh so whats the difference :P :D :lol:

User avatar
jedrick999
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Essex

Post by jedrick999 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:42 pm

PCSO Mickyboy wrote:age is not problem for me as a PCSO because i am only 12 and brought my uniform from a shop but the public look at me and laugh so whats the difference :P :D :lol:
early learning centre was it mate?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic